Friday, February 21, 2014

Little Update...

Hey everyone!

So, as it turned out, while Tim was gone my client had her babe! It was really amazing! I learned a lot that day about everything- it is very interesting being on the outside looking in. I really felt like I had not one clue what I was doing, or if I should have even been there at first, but as time moved on, and things progressed, i know that if it was not for me a few times, she would have lost it. Not to blow my own horn, but it sure did feel great when after, her family and the nurses all asked me how long I had been a Doula for, and I shocked them when I said that she was my first one, they all looked stunned and thought I had been a Doula for a few years- nice to know I was doing my job right. The nurse even scored me all 5/5's on the paper work I have to send in to get my certification. It was really a great experience.

I turned 28 on Thursday. Tim spoiled me and got me a new laptop, and here I am sitting on his old one because I barely know how to get on the internet on my new one because the new program is to confusing for the technically challenged- you can't go changing things on us, it takes us the entire time to figure out a new program, as it takes for them to release a new one! yeesh.

I have finally talked my Timmy into letting me have a landline! I am so excited about this that I cannot express it in words. I am so tired of having a cell phone, and this is the second time in two years that I am looking at it costing me upwards of 500 to replace the one that I have now which has completely crapped out on me- and I cannot justify spending that amount of money again to replace it, so that I can probably do it again in a  year, because everything is made in china and nothing lasts anymore. *rant over.....i think. So we will have a landline number soon and I will have a pay as you go for when I am on the road- gonna kick it old school. I wonder if they still make those huge phones that you could have installed in your cars- those were so bad a**. (haha)

We dont have many plans over the next few months. Probably stay pretty low-key before May catches up with us. We are gearing up to play snow pitch next weekend and we also will be taking Kane to see the Backyardigans, which clearly we were into the wine when we thought this was a good idea- not smart. If you dont know what I am talking about you are welcome to turn the television to the treehouse channel at 5pm. Bet you dont last 2 mins.

Speaking of children, I am registering Kane into preschool next week, which I am very excited about. I know I am biased, but I just feel like he is so smart and I am looking forward to seeing him learn more and more. Grady is on the very verge of crawling. The kid is gonna have some serious ab muscles by the time he figures it out because all he does right now is plank! hands and feet, butt in the air- kinda looks like the downward dog move in yoga. It is quite funny. I also had his 6 month (a month late) pictures done today, so I am sure they will be adorable when they come back.

I am sure you have heard that Transcanada had a bit of a blow out....so Tim will be working late and through the weekend, lovely little incident to come home to. He was officially named the 'rover' this morning as he was not there the day the incident took place, and this morning his big task was to make sure that the guys had lunch by 12- hahaha, I am sure you can all imagine how impressed he is.

Kane is at daycare today, Grady is napping, and I am working on my 5 different quilting projects I have on the go, so that is all for now!

Hope you are all safe and happy!

Court


2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

You write good posts. I laughed about the landline, Tim has been telling us we should get rid of ours.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I am not surprised your clients thought you were an old hand at doulaing. Keep those updates coming.

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home