Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Home again, home again, joggedy jog

As Lisa says one of the good parts of travelling is getting home again. Even if it is -20 there. I guess we have actually spent the last two days travelling, since we drove to Oxford from Dorset on Sunday after dropping Jude at the train. I mistakenly directed us on a long route back, we had to get around Bristol which was a bit confusing. Thank goodness Anne was there to help navigate.
We checked into our hotel in Oxford, which was very nice and a two-minute walk to the bus staton, and strolled around (with a stop at the Bodlean gift shop) until it was time for dinner with Anne and Del. We had Nepalese food, kind of like Indian, but not exactly. It was very good. The restaurant is by their place so we just took the bus back to the hotel so Del could have a beer.
The trip was long but uneventful, except for meeting Will at Heathrow. The plane was full, so no stretching out like the trip over.
The cold and snow were a bit of a shock after leaving a place with green grass and daffodils blooming.
Went over to see the booboos for a bit. They were happy to see us! Kane loved the foam sword Will sent for him. 
Went to bed early and got up early but I see a nap in my near future. I don't go back to work until tomorrow.
I can't believe that Anne is married. She kept talking about Del's house, but it is their house now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

I am missing my travelling companions, but still enjoying my trip.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home