Thursday, February 06, 2014

Last Night in London

On Wednesday, I went to Camden to shop at the markets there.  There were so many stalls, but they all seemed to have the same kinds of stuff in them, nothing very unusual.  It was still fun wandering around.  I know I said I was going to see things that were new to me this trip, but I wanted to see Westminster Abbey again, the last time I was there was when Theresa and I were in London and that was so long ago.  They have a guided tour using a little handheld device, and Jeremy Irons is the narrator, very well done.  I saw the tombs of lots of different kings and queens, Elizabeth I, her sister Mary and even a memorial to the King's plumber from the 17 hundreds.  I had lunch at the abbey, a very delicious lamb stew.  Then off to see a play called The Weir, set in an Irish country pub.  Really, really good.

Today it is raining again, and parts of London Transport are on strike, so I stayed at the flat, puttered around, read and watched some TV.  Tomorrow I meet G&T at Heathrow, and we catch the bus to Oxford.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

yum. love stew!

3:20 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Yum!!

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home