Thursday, July 18, 2013

Once again catching up on months of posts. Whoops!

I am just hanging out in New Haven, sweltering (it's been what the Americans call 95 all week), but it has been quite a dramatic few weeks. I booked my knee surgery for June 21 and then dad agreed to come help me (awwwww!!) The surgery went well except I took forever to come around apparently, and then dad and I had an excellent week. We went to the beach and to Rhode Island and to the library a LOT. He was a very calming houseguest because we tend to process information the same way, so I never had to wonder what he was thinking about something. As long as I could get him to keep his clothes on, it was all good.

Also we called 911 on a screaming lady and a guy passed out in the parking lot; went to the North Haven Irish Festival; got lost in Fair Haven so we could try and get found again; bought a hat; levelled my stove; hung out on the Green; and dad went for pizza at 2am and shared it with a homeless lady on my front steps. Not a bad week's activities! Especially considering I did most of it on crutches. (Note: the insurance paid for them, so apparently they are mine now! I guess I will Freecycle them when I leave in case anyone else needs them).

The day after he left, I took off for Manchester. I got an unexpected opportunity to go to the Bangor ERP Summer School, and wasn't turning that one down! It was very helpful and then we went to a festival in a field in North Wales and hung out in Manchester for a few days - and watched a taping of Gok Live! We didn't get called up onto the catwalk, though.

We have booked the wedding venue for real. Feb 15, < href = http://www.polhawnfort.com>here
. Now I am stressed about paperwork and visas, but hopefully all goes well and we can have a party with as many Badgers and other assorted cool people as can make it! I am a bit worried about how much of Del's HUGE family we can invite but hopefully it will all work out.
So ummm... if anybody wants to do any wedding planning feel free! I don't even know where to start. Maybe I will just crochet baby goods for Timmy's kid instead :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

You should send invitations out so people can book flights.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Steph said...

That's what I've been saying!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

No way, all these checklists say invites go out six to eight weeks before the date. Besides, if you already know the date you can book a flight!

That said once we have a guest list we will probably send e-save-the-dates.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

People keep asking me about the details. Eight weeks may not be enough time for an overseas wedding.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Steph said...

Listen to your mom, Annabelle!

10:45 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, we know date, but not all will!

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home