Sunday, July 28, 2013

Beach day

Am making potato salad, doing laundry and waiting for Richard to get back from shopping, then he and I are going to beach. 1st time this year, which is odd-it has just been busy, though if you ask me why, I could not tell you.

Got back from reunion weekend and was tired. I fell asleep on the plane home, but actually was not too bad the next day at work. I enjoyed seeing everyone, but really, I am an introvert. I can chit chat etc., but then need time alone to recover. Did a presentation the next day on alcohol detox, which probably some at that reunion needed afterwards, looking at them on Sunday am.

The basement is coming along. The nice thing about insurance is that they do everything! No fuss! I think we will redo TV room carpet too-this is what happens-one thing gets replaced and you think, 'well, the other stuff is kind of crappy too'

Weeding again at rental. It seems not as bad this time around-weeds pull out easy in dry soil! The grasses we planted last year are filling in nicely and spread too-yay for less space for weeds to grow!
It has been quite hot and nice here, have I mentioned how lovely having air conditioning  is? we just have it on in afternoon til evening, then open everything up and house stays bearable for sleeping.

Work has been busy, busy. I think the transient population in the summer adds to our drug induced psychosis population who need admission. There sure have been a lot of people wandering through with that. Also, did you know that heroin use in Kelowna has seemed to drastically increase? I really cannot remember anyone during my high school years who ever did this-very little cocaine use too. Yet, there certainly are younger people who are using these drugs quite a bit. FYI-neither are good for your mental health. I highly recommend not taking either of these up, if you had been thinking of it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

This public service announcement brought to you by Nurse Lisa.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Like, Jude.

5:42 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I try to look after the reader's interests and mental health.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

There was a rumour that our old principal's son was a cocaine dealer, I think?

10:30 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes! I heard that one too.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home