Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Crab cakes

I had a board meeting last night that went until 910-it was heated. Good Lord people, can't we just listen instead of react? Ha-as if doing that is easy.
Consequently I was tired this am. Our ECT nurse had an issue, so I had to go cover it. this made me crabby, as it is something that I do when required, but really do not enjoy the role. I feel like a doctor's handmaiden. The psychiatrist is great and I have never had any problems with the anesthetist-they have always been pleasant (which is not always the case), it is just getting things set up for doctors is not my bag. I feel like, "get your own stinking supplies, I have a degree thanks"
Then I found out I will have to do rest of week, which irked me too.
Then listened to some other staff members be irritated by some other situations.
Which just made me crabbier.
Thankfully I am usually happy at work. Someone told me today, 'you are always cheery'
That was good. Although untrue today.
I did apologize to everyone though.
I got home, had a beer, and Richard and I went outside to do a bit of yard work. Which made my mood better.
All the bitterroot I planted last year survived and looks like it will bloom!
And the Peace Rose I planted also survived.
Richard was cleaning our street front, and I pulled out dandelions and did a bit of other weeding. It has rained quite a bit, so it was easy to pull weeds out.
Now I am feeling quite a bit better!

3 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

We still have a ton of snow on the ground, no sign of spring yet.

9:36 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

physical exercise is part of the key to happiness. or calm, at least.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Just re-reading your post, word of caution any more talk of spring while we are getting more snow may result in you getting "lost" while we are in NYC.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home