Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Well, it was a busy and merry Christmas in Victoria.  This month has been crazy with getting ready, and leaflets and sermons and so on.  Christmas Eve we had four services, so I was planning on relaxing all day.  Then  I got a call that there was a man dying in the hospital, and would I come pray?  He's not a parishioner, but that doesn't really matter when someone's in hospice.  That interlude aside, the day was a good one.  The evening services went off with an acceptable amount of hitches.  We have candles in the window sills, protected by glass chimneys.  We took off the chimneys, lit the candles, and replaced the chimneys.  However, at 7 one didn't get put back on straight, and shattered just before the service from the heat.  Luckily no one was hurt!

Dennis and I were trying to find supper before the 7 (and after the 4).  It was about five past five, and three restaurants that we went to closed their doors pretty much in our faces.  We were forced to reduce our standards and go to McDonalds.  It was surprisingly busy - the old men who always seem to be there were still there, so I guess they don't let things like holidays interrupt their schedules.

Today I got up at the traditional Christmas time (7 am) and opened presents.  I have to say, Christmas on my own wasn't totally fun, but it's nice to be able to reasonably indulge in the Tradition of Christmas without a lot of back talk from lieabeds.  Then we had the morning service (successfully) and I took communion to a fellow who wasn't able to get to church.  Tonight was supper at another parishioner's house.  The supper was wonderful, including a real Christmas putting with custard!  Then after supper, the several musicians began to play.  There were three harps, an incredible guitarist, and a flute. 

I'm glad the rush of Christmas is over, and I'm looking forward to a few days off!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

I was the first one up here about 6:45, then Grace, and we had to wait until 8:15 for the rest!!

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home