Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Busy Week

I got home on Saturday around midnight, the flights home were uneventful, but it was a long day.  Sunday was a pajama day, which I really enjoyed.  I worked on Monday, Business was steady but not crazy.  Tuesday I had a bit of shopping to finish, which did not take too long, then a little clean up around the house.  Wednesday morning I had my friend Norine, her two daughters Natalie and Nikki and her grandson Emmett over for a visit.  Emmett is 7.5 months old and really does not look like a baby, he really has a little boy face.  I have not seen the girls for a very long time so it was wonderful to catch up with them.  Natalie is on Mat leave, and really loving it, Nikki is taking the accelerated nursing course at the U of A, which she also loves.  Norine is having Christmas at her house this year, so she is very busy getting ready.  It is hard to believe that I have known Norine for over 37 years, I met her when I started at AGT.  On Wednesday night, Vicky and I met for supper at Doans, generally I have the vermicelli but I decided to lash out and had something completely different, when it came I was not sure what to do, so I had to ask the server.  The dish was chicken and vegetables and noodles that you were to wrap in a rice tortilla kind of thing.  It also came with a big bowl of hot water, I was  not sure if you put the vegetables in the water or what, it turns out the rice tortilla thing went in the water to soften them up so they would bend around the chicken and stuff.  It was very tasty.  After supper we went out to see the musical Oliver! (exclamation was not mine, but how the title appears).  Each Christmas the little theater group in Sherwood Park puts on a musical, it was really good, and we both came out singing Food Glorious Food.  On Thursday I had a lazy morning, then met up with Grace, Anne and Del downtown, had a coffee, then more Christmas shopping.  It was fun to shop with them and visit.  Thursday night, I went over to the store and we exchanged some small gifts, then over to Normands (a french restaurant) for supper.  I really enjoy the ladies I work with so it was a lot of fun. After I came home from supper, I wrapped gifts.  I worked on Friday, and on Saturday more wrapping then Nancy and Allison came over for coffee and a visit in the morning.  I gave Allison my gifts for Kelowna and she gave me some gifts for Rocky.  I did some more wrapping.  Today I am off to Rocky, taking the bus to Red Deer, where someone will pick me up and take me to the Ferrey's house.  Everything is wrapped so all I have to do is relax once I get there, hurray!!

2 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

you had a busy week!!

By the way, I think all the stuff I picked up at the conference put me overweight for my luggage. However, all the staff were happy with my stuff.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Those pens were heavier than they looked.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home