Monday, December 17, 2012

and home

Jude and I went to Disney World on Friday-Hollywood Land.
We went on Tower of Terror, other assorted rides, which were good. Tower of terror was the best.
There is a Muppet thing there, which is also excellent and enjoyable.
I did like Disney, but one day was ample.
How do people vacation there all the time? Kris has been there at least 3 times with all her kids.
I would likely end up yelling at any kid I went with. We went at a quiet time of year and it was crowded.
Sitting in the hotel breakfast area was excellent people watching.
I think Universal Studios is better than Disney World though. Universal does not feel as scripted-the people working there are not as intensely, 'Hi, I am smiling at you, even though as a man your hair is slightly too long. I was reading about Disney employment practices, and also found out that up until the 70's, you could not come into the theme park if as a man, your hair was deemed too long.
Creepy.
I wanted to wear my t shirt that said 'serotonin and dopamine, technically the only 2 things that make you happy'. But I likely would not have been allowed in with it.
Saturday, Jude left. I went to outlet mall-ack. I kept thinking, 'can these people seriously afford these things?' I was in the Coach store, and saw a woman buying 4 Coach handbags. Really?
I think to understand the true meaning of consumerism, Orlando is where to go.
After that, I went and sat beside the pool at the hotel. Weather was lovely and pool was warm.
Trip home was long but uneventful. Had a 4 hour layover in Seattle airport-which is really a very nice airport. I really much more Pacific northwest American than Florida American

Interesting comparisons between the 2 airports:
Orlando-no recycling                                     Seattle-recycling, as well as food compost in food court
Orlando-contemporary pop Christmas music   Seattle-Charlie Brown type Christmas music
Orlando-Merry Christmas signs                      Seattle-Happy Holidays, along with a Happy Kwanzaa
Orlando-people wearing bright colours and shorts      Seattle-people wearing black and waterproof


4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

You couldn't plan a longer trip home?

9:14 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Still, there is something to be said for places with a lot of sun for those of us who feel seasonally-affected by gloomy skies.

4:06 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, I think it is good to live in places like the pacific northwest/Canada, and then go south for vacations.

8:20 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

And I also think there is something to be said for wearing bright colours

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home