Saturday, June 16, 2012

Garden Tour 2012

 Fresh Strawberries
 Mom and Lisa by a ginormous Hosta.
Mom treated Lisa and I to the annual Garden Tour in Kelowna, it was lots of fun.  The gardens were very diverse, some seemed like regular gardens, that anyone who worked at it could do (plus lots of time, one lady started hers in 1985).  The back yard of the yard that Mom and I standing  in the picture above was just about all vertical on a hillside.  We toured the grounds of a philanthropist, right on the lake, two houses on the property, and grass like velvet, it had tennis courts, a pool, and putting greens, very spectacular.  One of the properties had some squarefoot gardens, one a lot of plants handed down from other people instead of buying all their plants, one property is owned by a chef and had a composting system, lots of vegetables and raised beds.  All in all a great day.

I have been continuing to Mom's bidding, yesterday I hilled potatoes and caged tomatoes, I continue to paint, I have moved on to the back deck.  I figure I will be done by the time it is time to go home.  

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Two questions: what was blooming in the gardens, and did you snitch any berries?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Just about everything was blooming, seems like each yard was almost in a different climate, so peonies (one yard had a yellow peony), iris, lilies, roses galore, catnip.

Too many people around to steal anything.

12:55 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I sure eyed some things though

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home