Tuesday, April 24, 2012

the Nugget

I think going to Las Vegas for the time we went, was about perfect. It really is overwhelmingly busy and frantic, yet enjoyable.
The Golden Nugget was all that I had hoped for. Chandeliers, lights, gambling tables, it felt very Rat Pack. Room was good-we had a great view. Swimming pool with shark tank-super.
The size of the hotels got me. They are enormous and contain everything you might need to live. It is strange how these different hotels replicate cities etc.
We saw Cirque de Soleil-Beatles. It was well done and really good entertainment. We also saw Jubilee, the old style show with topless girls wearing truly incredible costumes. This also felt very Rat Pack.
I really don't know how anyone without an addiction lives there. You'd need one to keep up.
Someone at the hotel asked where we were from-Canada. 'Yes, I thought it had to be that or Minnesota'. I kept thinking, do we sound like the characters from Fargo?
 We got somewhat lost one night while wandering the strip, inside the hotels. Really. After our inadvertent tour, I decided that though I like the idea of modern hotels like Cosmopolitan and Vdara, actually being inside them feels cold and sterile. Nice to look at, not nice to be in.
On way home, we had a lout in our row. Some poor family a few rows back had a toddler and baby, who cried a bit before we left. This guy yells out, 'why don't you try some parenting.' Richard and I looked over at him stonily, then ignored him rest of ride. During which he whined about his hangover to his girlfriend across the aisle. Then at deboarding, he and girlfriend leap up and try to get out as quick as they could, jumping the queue, again moaning about their hangovers, how they had to get home and sleep.
As we lined up for customs, they were in front of us. As we left customs we saw him and girlfriend pulled aside and being questioned by agents.


2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

When I watched Fargo I remember thinking "They sound like us."

9:55 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I didn't realize I talked that slowly.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home