Monday, January 02, 2012

Jan 2

the house is undecorated and dusted. How could we be shedding that many dead skin cells? I am now listening to classical music and appreciating clean house without ribbon.
Richard and I talked to his family today-they are all preparing for the big move. I think his siblings are more prepared than his parents. They haven't moved for 47 years! Janet said to her dad a few days ago, 'So have you started packing yet?' She says he looked at her like she had 3 heads. 'Why would we need to pack? we're not moving very far.' he said.
I think of when we moved and I had everything except the bare essentials done by 2 weeks before we moved. I had to dig the food processor out when Mom came over to eat before Christmas and I had already packed it for our move in January. We obviously move differently. It is also a good thing that I am not there as I would be aggravating everyone with my increasing anxiety about not being ready.
I go back to work tomorrow, but only for 2 weeks and then we are off to Dominican Republic! I don't think I will bring laptop, I am sure that internet is spotty and don't want to worry about losing computer. We are going to Vancouver the night before as flight leaves early in am and there is not an early enough connection for us.
I talked to Kris last night. Her dad who is having chemo got very sick, they think he might have sepsis. They were planning on air ambulancing him to Kamloops last night. I have to call her today to find out what happened during the night. I hope he is doing better. They had to give him blood too. They should have a better idea today what is happening.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I guess you have a different perspective when you have moved more than once in 47 years. What do they think will happen to the stuff they can't take?

11:18 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I don't really know what they think. Richard thinks perhaps that because it is not far away that thy think they will just go back and forth and collect stuff

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home