Sunday, May 29, 2011

Back in the Blessed Land

I've completed the first leg of my incredible ecclesiastical journey around Canada! I spent most of last week (Since Tuesday) in Ottawa for the ordination of two friends. I met them both when I went to that summer school in Oxford, and then one of them (Kerri) also participated in the Theological Students International Internship Program with me (she went to Jerusalem).

Ottawa was great. My friend Kirsten is doing an internship there, so I was able to stay with her. She's sharing a really nice house about two blocks from Rideau Hall and three or four from 24 Sussex Drive. I managed to see the Parliament Buildings, the Currency Museum and the War Museum. I also managed to see all the restaurants and pubs that I heard about this year from my friends Patrick and Mallory, who were at VST from Ottawa. They were in town for the ordination, so I got to catch up with them.

I got to Edmonton last night, and aside from a brief mix up regarding Jude's phone number ( I had it in my phone as a 403 number; a quick call to Mom sorted me out) the trip was uneventful.

This morning I got up and went to another ordination, this one of two United Church friends from Edmonton. The service was in Hawrleck Park, and since it was a lovely day, that was really great. The service was 3 hours long, and included retirements, ordinations, receiving clergy from other denominations, the installation of a new president and communion. The ordinations were nice though.

I'm here till Friday, then off to Montreal for the final ordination!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

After all this cross country travelling you need to let us know if we really are in the Blessed Land.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I like the idea of an outdoor ordination. Maybe you should do tent revivals in the forest, Will?

10:21 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I would attend.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Brother Will's Traveling Salvation show?

2:53 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I don't know if Alberta qualifies as blessed-maybe just a warm glow?

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home