Tuesday, March 29, 2011

And home

Trip home was uneventful. The sky shuttle was late picking me up and said when I called that I had canceled, which I had not, so once I assertively said no and that I would not be charged $20, I was on my way.
Enjoyed trip very much. Spanish people knew what they were doing when designing houses in warm places with courtyards. The way to live, eating outside surrounded by plants.
I ate an oyster coating while in New Orleans, which is as close as I'll get to eating oysters. I did have crayfish etoufee, which is seafoody as I'll get.
Read a whole book on way back home. 9 Lives, about people in New Orleans. Highly recommend it. But still had time on my hands, and thought, dang, shouldn't have forgotten laptop, then could work on essay. But is just as well that I did not, because having time off is important.
Achieving balance is important in life.
Richard is at Jones right now, doing spring clean up. Ug. Will have to be tackled once I am done my essay. That and taxes, and application for masters program. I am going to try and upload some pictures, the last time I did them on here, they took forever, so let's see where we get.
OK, 5 minutes and still not uploaded. go to my picasa site
https://picasaweb.google.com/lisa.wensink

and look at them there.

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Too bad your trip is over. I was enjoying your reports.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I liked your pictures, especially the alligators. Nice smile.

10:13 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, I feel that it is too bad my trip is over too!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Great pictures, made me feel like I would like to visit there again!!

6:17 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Maybe a future badgers trip? (although this year I vacation no more).

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home