Monday, November 22, 2010

Email

So, I checked work email from home on the weekend-a mistake as then of course, I read an email that irritated me.
I then took work email off my favourites list-because then checking it is more difficult and I am less likely to do it if I have to do more than click on a link.
Do others check work email from home?
Even as I write this, I can feel the urge.
No, will not.
Mom and I went shopping on Sat and got a lot done. Light fixtures, some Christmas shopping, and I went to the knitting store and have started making a felted bag. I tend to get a bit obsessive about knitting though. Once I start, I can't stop and keep thinking, 'just one more row' My inspiration was a post I remember Theresa doing on knitting-it was for Allison's Christmas gift-which I thought was excellent-and I really like felted bags. You may all get one.
Richard and I went to the matinee yesterday :) and saw Harry Potter. I enjoyed it.
I also enjoyed having a day off together-I think he will have every other Sunday off-hurrah!
We have snow and cold and I want to decorate for Christmas-much too early.
I think we will end up driving to Alberta for Christmas because Richard's ridiculous boss will not give him a definitive answer. This is the inetrnet otherwise I'd have more to say about that, I can tell you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Will you take me to the knitting storeƉ

9:27 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I can't check work email unless I bring home my work computer, which I do not do very often, so I don't check. I really try to keep work at work, and not have it creep over into my real life. That is what I have been doing since I joined this account (the GOA) and I find it really helps me to not think about work when I am not there.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Sam F said...

I agree with AJ. When I worked at PwC, if I was busy, I would come in earlier, leave later, or come in on the weekend (or some combination).
But I would not bring my computer home with me - I only worked at work. I spent more time at the office, but it was easier to delineate where company time ended and my time began.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

The key is to work at a company that's stuck in the 70s so you don't even get an e-mail address

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home