Sunday, November 07, 2010

Dinner with the Rellys

Friday night I invited Allison,the in town Ferrey's and Henry over to dinner. Henry could not make it, he was still in the field, but everyone else came. Grace brought CJ he seemed a little under the weather, with a cold, poor guy. We had a good visit, caught up on everyone's lives. Sampled some of the wine and chocolates from the charity basket. I made spaghetti at Grace's suggestion, and it all turned out OK. Sam has a new roommate, but no more furniture. I offered him my patio table and chairs, but not too sure he wants them. Only a few more days until Kelowna, and we have been having Kelowna type weather here. The sun has been shining, no snow has stayed on the ground.
I talked to the powers that be on the GOA account and my manager, and I have decided to commit to the account for another year, so I will stay in town until the end of 2011. Then it is only 3 more years until I retire, I have decided that the end of 2014 seems like a good time. I am thinking I will take a year off, then maybe find a job in the non profit sector. Stef if you are looking for someone at that time, I will be your person. Or maybe I can work with Todd. It might be too much Sivakyness for him, living next door to one and working with another.
It is S&B Sunday at my place today. I am trying a new recipe, hope it turns out. I think I have to temporarily move some of the furniture around, so we can all see each other as we stitch. With the new configuration of my living room, if more than 4 people are visiting it is a bit awkward, as I found out on Friday. Better get off to the store to pick up the ingredients.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Who's CJ?
We are looking forward to seeing you Jude!
What do you want to do while here?
I have all the days off-took Friday-it seems a waste to work for only 1 day inbetween.
I like the idea of working in the non profit sector. Actually I guess I sort of do...

8:48 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

your family get together sounds like it was fun. How long has s&b been going? it feels like 25 or more.
looking forward to your visit - can't wait to show off my new pad.
the weather here has also been good, but they are promising a cooling off after today - but they are often wrong.




still have some annuals blooming nicely in pots and hate to see them go
see you soon

love mom

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be happy to recruit you, Jude! But I start a new job as the Volunteer Programs Manager for the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation next month, so if you were thinking of the art world, Todd might be a better bet. :o) -Steph

3:25 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Congratulations on your new Job Steph, you will be an asset to any organization. My next job would not necessarily have to be in the arts, so when I am ready I may look you up.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Yay twice! Once for Hudith staying in Edmonton for another year! And the other for Steph's new job!
(I thought I was anti-exclamation mark but I kind of like them.)
!!!

10:08 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

CJ is Grace's boyfriend.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I find exclamation marks quite satisfying some times!!
I don't really have anything that I want to do while visiting in the Big K, maybe some shopping, though with the HST I am not sure about that.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Have a look at light fixtures in preparation for our visit.

12:13 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

ok willdo = am sort of at a loss because I don't know what will work with this old electrcal indstallation, but have seen some I really like = we will go have a good look before the 25th - rreally anticipating your visit too we want to see your reaction to how it looks now visa-vis June & are hoping for amazed looks!

3:59 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I use many exclamation marks!
Boyfriend?
How come no one told me?

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home