Sunday, October 03, 2010

It has been a good week

I have had a week full of visiting and catching up with people so it has been great. Last Saturday I went to the market with Vicky, I had not seen her for awhile, so we shopped and then caught up with each other over a latte. Saturday night Grace invited me over to her new place for supper. She made stir fry and eclair's for dessert. I brought over a bottle of Geoff's wine so it was a real "Ferrey" meal. I got to meet Wren, one of her roommates, and Leanna joined us for supper. Corrinna the fourth roommate was off on some kind of a camping trip for one of her classes, so did not meet her. I love the house, it is in a great location and it looks so nice, all reno'ed up. Sunday night it was supper with Grace again, only at my house this time, it was the start of the Amazing Race. I made a new recipe, and it turned out pretty good, steak with a mushroom sauce. It does not feel right to watch the race without Grace, so I was very glad she made it. Tuesday night I had a friend over, Polly, her sister lives in Costa Rica with her family. So Polly brought over pictures from one of her trips to CR, and we compared stories of our visits. Wednesday night it was Sam's turn to visit. He is a very busy guy so I was glad he had time to come over. Listening to all he has going on makes me feel like a slug, maybe I am just lazy (like Theresa). Made another new recipe, this time pork with mushrooms. It turned out very good as well. Finally on Friday night, I had Karen over (a friend from when I worked on the government upgrade) we had a good visit, and then off to the Jubilee to see Mamma Mia. It was such a feel good musical, and I loved the way they integrated the songs. I really laughed.

After all that busyness yesterday was a pajama day. I stayed in them all day, read and watched true crime stories on TV and napped. Today is the first S&B of the season, I am the guest, so I don't even need to fuss. The coming week will be just as good as last week, I think, out for supper with some friends on Monday night, Chicago on Wednesday, and seeing the Muppets on Friday. Only down side is that Grace can't come for Amazing Race.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Judging by the pace of your social life I would say you are not a lazy slug like me. Apparently you have recovered from surgery.

10:50 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Its so good to see that the old Judy's back - full of vim and vigor
& so busy - the combo of being cancer free & having a balanced thyroid must be working. makes us slugs feel non-prductive. Have a good time in Chicago and fun with the muppets

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home