Friday, September 24, 2010

Aren't we a quiet bunch

OK I will break the great silence. Last week the music team at church asked if I would consider singing with them. With a mike. In front of everyone. The week before I had been at a meeting where there was a great music team and I thought, "Something I would like to do at church is be part of the music team, but I can't play an instrument." The thought of singing did not even pass through my mind. So when they asked me I was floored. Went to the practice today and will try on Sunday. It is nothing like karoake. The person who usually sings, with a really great voice, is very sick so can't do it. I guess they were desperate.

5 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Now we will all be reluctant to sing with Theresa, since you will be a professional.
When are you guys coming to kelowna?

10:27 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Break a leg at your debut, Theresa.They aren't desperate - they know a good thing when they hear it

10:53 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

yay! How cool to try this.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Wow, you have more guts than me. Edging my way into public speaking is as far as I've gone so far.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Made it through the service. No tomatoes thrown at me.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home