Saturday, September 11, 2010

September

Is a good month.
The deck painting is coming along. Trellis painting is awful-thank you Mom for helping. But painting in fall is not so bad-it is lovely out today, though I have not yet managed to get out of bathrobe.
I met with the prof who is in charge of Master's Nursing program.
It seems that I could start with a course in January-and finish in 3 years-taking a course a semester (including summer). I feel excited about it and at the same time nervous. I asked my manager about it as I would need probably a 1/2 day/week to attend class. Though not always-there are some evening classes. I hope this will not be an issue for work as really, supporting education is important. Seeing as I am educator. Anyhow-my thought at this time is to focus on caring within mental health. More than that I don't know. the courses look interesting and there is also opportunity to do interprofessional courses and also distance ed through other universities if there is something at another university that I want to take-like Athabaska.
There is a new restaurant in our neighbourhood. Serves excellente pizza, though is named DeBakker's kitchen-Dutch name, and our server last night seemed to have a French accent?
Having a good restaurant within a brief walk is a happy thing. It may not be as good as Tony's Pizza, but I would say is a very close 2nd.
I am watching Dexter season 2. Richard is even getting into it, though he does not really like serial killer shows.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I do not really like serial killers either but I do like Dexter. I have season 3 if you want to watch it.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

school sounds great! Caring and mental health would be very interesting. Especially if you did something outside of the hospital (maybe that's not an option?). But what are attitudes towards caring by other supports in the community, for example? Where do mentally ill people believe they have experienced the most care in the community, and how important is that to them in terms of trust, or following a caregiver's instructions, or whatever?

10:02 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

You need to be part of my committee!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'll be your informal advisor and cheerleader.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home