Sunday, September 05, 2010

Painting

Mom and I are painting again. This time it is our deck, which is long overdue. I probably wouldn't even have done it, except that Mom asked, so I thought, OK, let's go!
Already it is starting to look better and all I have done is stain the boards from the renos we did last year, and Mom scraped the top rail.
Mom is an active 80 year old! I appreciate how much working in hospital, seeing people who are younger than her by 10 years who are not doing nearly as well.
In other news. Not much. having 3 day week followed by a long weekend is awesome.
I am sitting on an exercise ball typing this, with Sebastian sitting on my lap, purring loudly and nudging my face.
The catsitter on our respective notes when we returned from houseboating said to us, 'You have 2 very happy and friendly kitties!' In Mom's she said, 'Clem will be very glad to see you'
And Clem was.
Weather here is actually quite nice, was supposed to be 30 on Friday, but i think it was mid 20's.
Cooler today, but sunny.
You are all welcome to move here.
I meet with woman from UBC-O next week to talk about master's, though I wouldn't start until next year. If I don't make appt., won't look into it.
Richard and I have a day off together tomorrow-what should we do? mo pans to come over and paint for us. Mom is good to us.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I type this lying in bed while Magda lies on my chest and partially blocks my view of the screen.

That is exciting re: masters! Lisa Hot Tub, M.Sc.

yay, active mom! I hope we all take after you. except for Theresa, because we know she is lazy. She said it herself.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Lisa, you and Mom are taking the fact that it is Labour Day Weekend much too literally.

6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home