Sunday, June 20, 2010

Some News

I finally called Kay yesterday and got the news from that side of the family. There was some bad news, Dennis had a mild heart attack about 3 weeks ago. Kay said they did not even find out about it until after he was already home. He has a shunt, and is still off work, but seems to be feeling better and getting out and walking every day. And some good news, Kay is feeling better, finally, it turned out she had some kind of pinched nerve, from the car accident, and has gotten some kind of shot, so is feeling much more like her old self. And lastly, Deanna and Rod are moving on Monday, to an over 45 complex in Lewis Estates in the west end. They were looking for a bungalow, but could not find the right one, so will be moving into a duplex. I guess that means that both kids are living on their own now. I also found out that both George and MaryLynne have thyroid problems and are on medicine for it. I am going to see George and Kay this week, so will pass along any more news I hear.

Kay also told me a funny story about Elaine and John swinging by the house to visit Mom, and being scared when they saw the for sale sign on the front yard. They called her up to see why, and make sure Mom was OK. I think that is very sweet.

I walked over to the Farmers Market yesterday and picked up some flowers, and the first cherries of the season. I am planning on planting today, so I can sit out side and enjoy them (both flowers and cherries).

Laura, I really like the pics of Mom's new pad. Now that I have seen the front, I know what house it is. Mom the colours you picked out are very nice. Not too much longer now, and you will be in your new house, and able to keep an eye on the kids across the street.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

I will take more photo's when the floor is done, the counter Mom picked is great goes very well with the paint. Theresa you did a super job on the ceilings, your work was legendary something we have to aspire to.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

will take more photo's when the floor is done, When we were buing the floor at costco we had lots of comments on how nice it was and how luck I was. I did tell folks it was for my Mom not me. The counter Mom picked is great goes very well with the paint. Theresa you did a super job on the ceilings, your work was legendary something we have to aspire to.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Well, maybe not legendary. Maybe not even all that great. But I did cover most of the old ceiling.

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home