Friday, June 11, 2010

Big Bike Completed

We had our tour around Hawrylak park, for the Heart and Stroke big bike, and our team raised $6700.00 which was great and a big thank you to all the people who sponsored me. Not too many people in the park, it was at noon, and had been raining all morning and it was a work day. But as we waited to start peddling the sun came out and it was beautiful. After the bike ride, there was a hotdog barbeque, I can't remember the last time I had a hot dog fresh off the grill, and it tasted really good. The other great thing was meeting up with some of the people who I have worked with over the years, and who are not generally in the office. It was really good to catch up with them, and see what was new.
I heard on the radio that Folk Fest is completely sold out, except for a few tickets left for Wednesday night. That makes me even luckier that I got the tickets.
The sun is shining today, the forecast is great for the weekend, so things are looking up. Maybe this will be the weekend I get the plants on my balcony in.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

where were you sitting on the bike? Up front?

9:38 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

argh. I meant to come see you on Thursday! I forgot in the throes of me getting ready for a presentation. I'm sorry.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I was sitting 3rd from the front, and I was the second highest fundraiser. Yeaaa

It's OK Allison, I thought something came up.

I have been a bit stiff the last couple of days, not used to that physical activity.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home