Monday, June 14, 2010

I thought I might be stiff after my weekend of painting but that is not the case. I do still have quite a bit of paint on me, though. That oil-based paint seems to have to wear off. I painted the ceilings and had a lot of paint spatter on me.
It was good to see Lisa, Richard and Mom and we got a lot done in the new house. A lot was done before I got there, Richard has been hard at work. We were able to get to the painting quite quickly because he had pulled up the old carpets and removed most of the baseboards and moulding and light switches, etc. Mom picked nice colours and once the flooring is down and baseboards are replaced it will look really good.
Saw L&R's house for the first time. What a great house. That kitchen is to die for.
Mom's new back yard is great. There is not much planted there but that is good for someone who likes to garden. Mom can make it her own yard. But it is very private and the large trees in the neighbourhood make it seem as if you are out in the country. We were sitting on the back patio taking a break on Saturday when we saw a mom and dad quail and 12 or 13 babies skitter across the yard and spend a lot of time pecking around just a few feet away from us.
I took my camera but the batteries were dead and I just didn't get them replaced so no pics. But Geoff and I went on Google maps to find the house, then switched to street view and he could see it! Try searching L&R's address. We could even see their truck in the driveway.

9 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I would want to grab one of those baby quail and love it to death.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

and, will Clem EAT all the quail?!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

We were wondering that too. One little quail would be an appetizer.

11:49 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

we also thought Clem might not bother-and just stare them to death...
Theresa you were such a help :) master bedroom needs another coat, and master bath needs to be done and then painting is done!!

10:17 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

well, except for kitchen cabinets - but they are ready to start which I will do today

7:14 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

HOw do the bathrooms look? Have you got time to post pics?
Over to you, Laura and Wilf.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Thanks we will be there Friday or Saturday. I can hardly wait to see everyone and the house too. I will take pictures and post them. I will pack extra batteries

6:37 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

You are smarter than me.

8:03 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

bathrooms much improved-main is all done, ensuite has 1st coat done. had to work overtime today-absolutely crazy hospital day-too many patients, not enough beds!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home