Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Are you kidding me?

So on top of everything else now, I managed to get the flu. Figures. This has kind of put a stop to any thoughts of working on the house this week, although I still managed to get over there and put a few touch ups on the cupboard doors. I have also decided to stay at Mom and Dad's house for a little while (Surprise!). I really didn't feel like laying around sick in a house full of people. It always seems kind of relaxing staying here, even if I do normally only live a block away. It also makes me laugh how Mom and Dad always had clever things to say about how much food Grandma Ferrey had stored in the basement, while theirs is better stocked than costco.
Grace got here yesterday safe and sound, and we have managed to have a few good chats in between me laying in bed moaning, and her working on her paper. She also baked cookies this afternoon, the smell of which is akso very familiar to me in this house. Hopefully, if I'm feeling better, we're going to Martesa tomorrow.
Anyway, glad everyone made it safetly to Windy Yett, and I look forward to hearing more about the trip as it progresses.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Poor Timmikins. Feel better.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Man that really sucks Tim.

3:37 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

It'a Lisa,now signing in as Allison. Yuck Tim, sorry to hear you are unwell.I suspect it is H1N1, you may want to think about getting flu shot for regular flu shot as you are more at risk due to poor nutritional status. Though not nagging, sort of.

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Betty Anne said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. Seems like the flu is really taking its toll this year. Have you had your colonoscopy yet? If not ask to be refered to somewhere else in addition to Red Deer-- you should be able to go anywhere in the province now.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I hope you know who is the person who has stocked up the cold room.
Bad about the flu. Being at home must be more comforting when we are not there. It's all good because Grace can practice having a whining patient around.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

wow, I've never been nagged at from overseas.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

It's not h1n1,by the by, I would know

2:09 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

How do you know it's not H1N1? And I didn't mean to nag you, I got you mixed up with Anne's moaning.
We raised some pints of Terror of Tobermory to you tonight.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home