Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Alfie's Neighbour Fights Back

This is what Alfie's neighbours should do this year.

Glad everyone is safe at Windy Yett (which makes me think of yeti - have you seen any of those yett?) Wish I was there but it is a bad time to leave. I am racing against time to get something written up before December, because a). there is a conference that I really want to go to, but it is necessary to have some data to present, and b). then I will feel like I accomplished something this year. I'm still collecting the data for the study while concurrently writing up the Methods section, but I might be able to actually pull it off. Hope so, because it will soften the blow when my supervisor finds out that I'm going to Alberta for a month.

In other news, have weird stabbing head pains* just behind my right ear. Del says I should go to the doctor, but I know they will say it's stress or hypochondria. Lisa, Grace? Any suggestions as to how I can make this go away? It hurts :(

* insert dad telling me that he "better just cut it off then"

In more exciting news, got a parcel from Edmonton! I am not going to open it till Monday but is it hard. Thanks Judith!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Glad that you got the parcel, and I so pleased I managed to get it there not just on time but early, surely a first for me.

3:36 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I suspect it's stress related. Though cannot confirm through internet. Try massage therapy. FYI, we saw Gabor Mate before we left. Talking about relationship between mind/body health.

3:50 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

The internet thinks it is something called "ice pick headaches", which is definitely what it feels like! Not reassuring, but apparently not really dangerous. Not that I would ever self-diagnose off the internet. :p

Gabor Mate is interesting to listen to. I bought his book on my way to the UK in July and really enjoyed it for the most part. Also, one of my substance-dependent women saw me reading it and told me she had read it too and thought it was pretty accurate.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home