Sunday, August 02, 2009

Fussy Furniture

I spent part of today putting together a little filing cabinet I got from IKEA -- I'd put together a few drawers and then when I put them into the cabinet, I couldn't pull them out again. Much wrestling and I figured out I'd put them together backwards. Remedied; drawers now open and close. Desk has much more space on it. Maybe this will encourage me to work at desk?

Todd is putting up a closet rod in his storage space, and I went over to help with my drill, except I'd forgotten to charge it. So we sat on the step a while and Todd removed his screen door that got BENT during the big storm a couple of weeks ago.

Although it rained last night and today, it is still muggy, and me and the furniture feel fussy. This might be Sunday blues, which I get every Sunday, whether I have to work the next day or not. I think Todd may be sorry that he asked me to help him.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Did the storm last night clear up your mood?

6:57 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Actually, I painted my bedroom. No more yellowy-nicotine walls, and it's now a nice, celeryish green. That helped.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I wonder if it was the paint colour or doing something that you could see the results of that helped the most. (or doing something of which you could see the results.) You didn't have to wait for anything to charge, you could just do it.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

That must be part of it. I also get totally irritated at Todd when we are trying to do something together, but then appreciate him when I express uncertainty regarding my wall colour and he tells me it's perfect.

10:19 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Painting helps you feel like things are being done.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Except now I have to put on a fourth coat because I was messing around with the shade and adding a bit of white. Remind self not professional painter or colour consultant.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home