Thursday, July 23, 2009

Vine

I was at Jones St yesterday weeding. How weeds can florish that well when it is 35 degrees out is beyond me. I got to the Virginia Creeper. When we had the nasty Siberian Elm hedge it grew and grew despite the fact that it kept getting trimmed with the hedge-including a couple times when we drastically cut the hedge down to about 2 feet. Richard of course, tore out the hedge a few years ago. Creeper disappeared, then reappeared, but not for long as a couple times Richard added a bunch of soil. However, a couple years ago it reappeared.
As I was weeding around it I looked closer and noticed berries on it. But they didn't look like the berries on the Virginia Creeper growing on our deck here. I compare it to the neighbours vines. The Virginia Creeper is a grape vine!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

And here I thought grapes had to be babied.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home