Saturday, August 01, 2009

Arts Wells

There's a music/art festival going on here at the moment. It's a bit like folkfest, only less so. And with more visual art. I can't afford/don't want to afford a festival pass, partially because I'm working all day, so I would miss all that. However, today they brought the festival to me. Apparently one of the stages was the church in Barkerville. I say apparently, because I thought it would be one show, and it turned our to be three hours. It was quite good- some of the acts were quite hippieish, but one of them was David Francey. Yes, David Francey (who was at folkfest a few years ago) played in my church. I was quite excieted. However, it turned out that I could only stay for a couple of his songs, as I had to go lead the graveyard tour.

There are tons of movie cameras in town. There is a film being shot in Chinatown (an independant film), Mantracker (an awesome TV show) is being filmed in town, and they are doing a promotional video in town, and want to film the service tommorow morning. All in all, I'm used to seeing movie cameras where ever I walk, and being asked to 'please walk through the shot, just acting natural'. Maybe I'll give up the ministry and move to Hollywood.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

You are living on one movie set and working in another - what a great summer - sure does not sound boring!
The Fintry fire across the lake has flared up again and thousands of folks who just got back to their homes are once again evacuated - its pretty tough for them. Last nite there was suddenly a big cloud of smoke from there - mushroom shaped like an abomb blast and the flight was on. It is just unbelievably hot and dry and they are telling not to water lawns or wash cars as the water levels are so low. But while its pretty uncomfortable no one has died, unlike that terrible storm in Camrose - so count our blessings.
The other thing that has flared up is my old friend PMR - also uncomfortable but non life threatening.
I picked 40 lbs of peaches yesterday - gave some away, but am overloaded w/them - had hoped they'd all hold off till Golden - shud have a bunch to take, but have to find takers for a lot - long weekend so mostneighbors are away - hope to find some tomorrow.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Jealous about David Francey!

So when you move to Hollywood you can put in a good word for me to get hired as a movie set nurse. Excellent.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I saw David Francey at the Hillside Festival! He must be deliberately travelling around to see the whole family.

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home