Friday, July 31, 2009

Surgery done

Had surgery yesterday-am doing pretty well-no crutches! Knee still makes me limp as it's swollen and not used to straightening, but feeling happy to have it over. I was anxious right before-my pulse when she took it was high-113. And BP was up. But private clinic was actually quite nice-though really hospital type stuff looks medical, no matter what you do with it. I asked the anesthetist what drugs I was getting they give lots in surgery-no nausea or anything this time which was nice, and not very much discomfort.
OR had all these huge windows with a nice view-weird, but attractive.
Have not had to take many pain killers-have codiene and tylenol tabs-but only need 1 once in a while.
Allison left today-we were sad to see her go-but looking forward to Golden soon where we will get to see everyone!
Weather continues to be hot, hot hot. 36 or 37 today. Air conditioning what did we do without you?
Nick lays in front of sliding doors which face south-in a patch of sun, but right beside air conditioning vent-best of both worlds. Really, he is clever. Which is why we keep him despite his continued reluctance to use litter box.
Mom had a polymyalgia flare up-it has been acting up lately for her-I don't think heat is supposed to bother it, but it seems to be related in her case. I am happy that she has that air conditioner as I think it helps with this heat wave.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

So . . . by Aug 14 I should have the worst knee.

10:29 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Well, that's what you're hoping, but we'll see how my recovery goes. I might be winning.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

You have my best wishes for a quick and complete recovery.

5:06 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Ho, ho, you'd like that wouldn't you? That's all part of your plan...

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home