Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bad weather all around

That is an amazing picture, Lisa. It reminds me of the big fire a few years ago.
We had our own run-in with weather last night. Grace and I were in Edmonton so she and Scott could go to the Lion King (tickets were her birthday present). About 9:30 p.m. or so the wind started blowing very hard, you could hear things blowing around outside. In the morning there were broken tree branches all over the place.
Grace and Scott said the play was really good. We went for Vietnamese food for supper.
Jude, Allison and I went over to see George and Kay this morning. Auntie Kay doesn't look too good, she is all bruised but she and Jude assured me that she was much worse a week ago. I can't imagine how bad that would be. Anyway she is starting to feel better. Uncle George is as good as usual. Now that I think of it I don't recall him saying "How green was the valley of my youth" once.
Scott had to be back to work in the early afternoon so after Jude's wonderful breakfast we drove home, I had a nap and went outside to putter in the yard. Things are good there. We have peapods! And are going to have a Caesar salad from our own lettuce for supper. I think next week I could start thinning carrots. It appears that a cool spring and summer are good for the flowers too, they look really good.
Lisa, you may the short-term leader in the knee competition but I think overall I will be worse.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

On top of the bad weather this weekend, the Royal Glenora had a water main break, River road is closed, because not it looks like a river and not a road anymore.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home