Friday, July 17, 2009

Anne Elizabeth Ferrey, B. Sc. M.Sc

I can't believe that I'm doing two posts in a row. I guess I have the most exciting life at the moment. Anyway, I arrived in Wales last night, just in time for Anne's grad. I had to miss the gala dinner that was the end to my course, but it was the only way to get here at a decent hour. I arrived in a rainstorm that ended up lasting most the next twenty four hours (made me a bit homesick for Vancouver!). Anne had a busy night planned, going around and seeing different friends, so Del and I tagged along- Del as chauffeur, and me as curiosity, being her brother and all. It was quite a nice evening, and finished up at someone's house, where they fed us a very nice fish pie.
This morning it was up bright and early, and into town for the graduation ceremony. The ceremony was in both Welsh and English, which worried me at first, as I thought it would take forever. Happily, they proceeded quickly, and names are apparently the same in both, so they only said those once. They had undergrads first, then a nice harp solo, then the masters, then the Ph. d. students. We clapped for every single person though, which got a bit old after a while. There are some pictures, but will have to wait till I'm back in Canada. After the ceremony was a nice little reception with some lovely cheeses, of which I ate far too many. We stopped back at the place we were staying for a bit of a rest, and then off to the grad party which Anne's friend had organized. Quite a lovely party as well, with supper and dancing, and then finally home, a quick update, and then to bed.
All in all, a great day, and I was glad that I was able to be there on behalf of the family for Anne!

8 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

We are very glad that you were there on our behalf. Thanks for posting so much. Don't forget to bring some Fruit and Nut bars back to Canada.

7:51 PM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

Will-you're post is starting to sound like one of those English books you guys used to read. Get out of Britain before we can't make you out.
Sounds like a good time- hope you samples a few British ales.

7:58 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I feel that you represented the family well.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Betty Anne said...

Congratulations to Anne! Thanks to Will for posting!-- It is getting boring checking blogs that haven't been updated for months! Have a great time in Britian. Will- we were going to go to Barkerville 2 weeks ago but realized you wouldn;t be there so changed our plans.BA

8:55 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Congratulations, Master (and soon to be Dr) Anne!

12:05 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Will, tell us about Del.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I am glad that someone was able to go Wales and participate in this auspicious occasion. Congrats Anne.

1:57 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I'm glad you were there! It made a big difference having some family along.

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home