Monday, July 06, 2009

Ripon College at Cuddesdon

Well, it was a long, long day of travel, but I have arrived at the theological college near Oxford where I am doing a summer school course (The Bible in the Modern World) for the next two weeks. I drove from Wells to Quesnel (one hour) then a ten hour bus ride through the night to Vancouver, a ten and a half hour flight to England, and a two hour train ride to Oxford, followed by fifteen minutes in a cab. All in all it went quite well - I slept on the bus, though not on the plane. The only problem was that my luggage didn't arrive. Obviously, this is quite annoying, and very inconvenient, although I'm saving my anger just in case they don't manage to get me my bag before I leave the country. They've promised to courier it to me, but we'll see. I stopped in Oxford before I came here, so I at least have the basics.

The school itself is very cool. Lots of dark wood and stone. I'm not sure how old the building is- I would guess 'fairly'. Everyone here seems nice- several other Canadians, a couple Americans, an Australian, people from Hong Kong, England Scotland and Northern Ireland. A mix of people studying for ordination, people who are already ordained, and people who are just interested. So far we've had tea, then drinks, and then dinner, and it's all been great. The actual course begins tomorrow morning, with Morning Prayer at 8. I hope I can wake up in time, as my alarm clock is in my other bag.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Did your sleep-in-transit mean that you are more on UK time? That will help in lieu of alarm clock, perhaps.

12:26 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Well, this is abit of a drag. Since I'm off work, I thought I might go to Barkerville with the mamacita-but you will not be there!

4:12 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I hope it doesn't take you so long to recover from that travelling that you miss out on enjoying all of your time there. Glad to hear you made it safely. Are you still planning to go to Anne's grad?

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home