Thursday, July 02, 2009

Summer with Crutch

We went camping this week for a couple days. Figured I could sit at home limping around, or sit around on the beach. Richard was agreeable to loading etc. so we went to the Forestry site just past Fintry. Cheaper, site right on the beach, lovely. Sites are a bit closer together than at a provincial site-but less people and quieter-unless I suppose that you end up beside drunken hunters or something. There was a site host though and she ran a tight ship. Did not allow people to 'reserve' meaning put up a chair, pay and then come back 2 days later to claim it. as she said, "I'm Irish and menopausal".
They lost my report of injury due to implementing a new computer system-so am quite sure that i will not be getting surgery this week as they haven't approved my claim yet. (does this bring up thoughts of your work Judith?) I made several calls a couple days ago to facilitate this approval process as it is one large bureaucratic nest of people who need to be sharing information with one another. However, I remained pleasant and congenial with all of them as they were all trying to sort this out too. Right now am waiting to make sure claim is approved, guy at WCB seemed to think there would be no problem, once Persons' X,Y, and Z gave him the correct information. Unfortunately, i think the surgeon is on holidays starting next week for 2 weeks, so don't know how that will impact things. They had better not schedule it during my vacation.Mother of Pearl, this process takes a long time.
It is supposed to get to 33 this week, starting today, but we have air conditioning! This will not help as I go to Jones to weed. Pushing myself along in the dirt.
Terasen Gas continues to send us gas bills in the wrong name-Richard Winsink, despite me telling them several times. I feel that I cannot manage anymore phone calls correcting things that are wrong.
Bill and Kathy will be here next week. We have come up with a list of things to do, all of them are basically not involving me very much due to being on crutches. I can walk quite a bit further in them now that i have calluses forming under my armpits, but still limited. So either, I go someplace, and then plunk myself down somewhere with a book to wait until Richard, Bill, and Kathy come back, or I send them out and stay at home with a book.
We went to the fireworks last night, they were well done. We got a close parking spot and exited the downtown quickly, knowing the North End routes to take.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

The most I can complain about is being stiff if I have been sitting for a while. Have you got some good books for all your waiting around time?

11:35 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I just finished a biography of Truman Capote-very good, and am now on biography of the Guggenheims. Both books courtesy of Laura. Little did she know that she'd be participating in my recovery.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Do you read fiction? Did the Truman Capote talk about Harper Lee? She is very mysterious.

4:50 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

No, not too much on Harper Lee-but book was super. I also have a Peter Robinson mystery that I will read after Guggenheims. I read all.
Hey, what if we do a book exchange at Golden? I will bring all the books I have borrowed from others and then borrow some more!
Seriously, we could do an exchange. What do you think?

10:44 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

You are welcome for the books, enjoy. An exchange would be great. Yoou are full of it (good ideas). Take care of your knees.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I vote for the exchange as well. Yes, the comment of the new computer system does ring a bell with me. but I be tthe reason is because the end users did not test enough, and so they don't know how to use the new system!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

A book exchange is a great idea. I bought lots when we were travelling.

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home