Sunday, February 24, 2008

Where the Heroine Deals with Expanding Foam and Plaster Chips

I've been doing some home stuff this weekend: starting to polyfill wall holes & ceiling cracks and caulking in the basement where the dryer vent is. And today I'm pretty crabby. Not sure if this is due to work, or just because it is Sunday and I usually feel morose on a Sunday. It is good to be making progress, though. Even though the ceiling now has a large de-chipped area, it feels good not to see the cracks there.

Our local library association is doing a book drive for the women's prison and for the Bissell Centre; we're hoping to pull together books / money to support the libraries in both places. I did a little brochure using Microsoft Publisher -- although the template looks a bit more 'junior league' than 'library advocacy'. And I realized that I forgot to change the photo on the front -- so it's a picture of a bridge and a city that you *might* be able to mistake for Edmonton if you weren't looking. Oh well.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Are you taking donations? We will be in the city next weekend and I have lots of books that are taking up space. I would be glad to bring a load. Any particular kinds of books?
My offer is still on for painting. Just let me know when you are ready.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Hooray! We are taking donations! All items newish / gently used, is our preference.

Magazine subscriptions (individual mags welcome too!):
National Geographic
Craft magazines
Parenting magazines
Shopping magazines
Glamour/fashion magazines
Celebrity entertainment Magazines
Oprah magazine

Books:
Recent releases and bestsellers (e.g.,Harry Potter!)
Craft books (e.g. beading, quilting, crochet)
Biographies
True Canadian stories
Books that have been made into films
Language-learning books
CDs
Children's books
general fiction / non fiction

I know your offer is still on for painting -- thanks! I'm anticipating that I'm going to be slow...& it might even happen while you are away. We shall see!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

and, thanks!

9:15 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I can donate as well, and will be happy to send some things to a good place. Is there a drop off place in the city? Too bad you missed supper, it was very delicious. We decided to go to Joey Tomatoes, and I had the best mushroom soup, and chcken souvlacki with skinny fries, yum. Geoff admired floors, he is the first person (other than me) to see them. Sam admired the emptiness of my hall, not really my floors. Geoff had to sleep in the living room as I have not emptied out the 2nd bedroom yet after moving all the hall stuff in there. But don't worry visiting Ferreys, for the weekend, I will get it done this week.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Don't paint till I come back!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thanks, Judith! We'll figure out how to get stuff from you -- someone could probably stop by your place w/ a car.

It is too bad I missed dinner.

Theresa, since you are so keen on painting, I will wait! I might have primer done before then. I imagine painting colour is more fun than primer.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Will said...

Microsoft Publisher! That's what I use at work.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Do you use the 'junior league' template?

It actually is quite a nice design.

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home