Monday, June 04, 2007

Summer is Offcially Here

I don't care what the calendar says, this weekend, I sat on my balcony Saturday and Sunday morning, surrounded by my flowers in the pots, drinking my coffee. To me that makes it summer. The weekend was quiet, a trip to the Farmers Market, to pick up a few more plants, then just hanging around the house, doing some clean up and chasing pigeons from my balcony. I might have to try getting a fake owl to stand guard, apparently pigeons think they are real and then stay away.
I have booked my flights and hotels for Hawaii, I land in Honolulu, and spend a night there, then the next day to Kauai, for 6 days. The trip is sandwiched inbetween the Calgray and Edmonton Folk Fests. Then I still have a week off, after the Edmonton FF. Life is good.
Have finished with my last project, and gone back to Dana and Cigna. It is nice because I know all the people and means I will be around home for the summer. Then in the fall it is back to looking for somethig new. I had an IM from one of my nieces in Costa Rica, who is excited about my coming back, so that made me feel really good.
Author - Jaqueline Winspear - set in London, during the early part of the century, starting just before the first world war. So far I am the only one putting any new authors on the blog. Come on you guys.
Looking forward to this weekend and seeing Lisa receive her degree. The last four years seem to have gone by quickly. It will also be fun to go on the garden tour, may inspire some changes to my balcony.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I didn't know you were going to Hawaii!
I made a mistake on the gardening show(insert unhappy face). It is the following weekend. You can sit and look at me and Mom's gardens though.
I'm looking forward to seeing you.It has finally cooled off some here, it is a pleasant 22 degrees, and rain.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Too bad about the garden show, but maybe next year.
Mom, I don't think I told you when my flight was getting in, it is around 7:00 am on Thursday, by the time I get my luggage and pick up the car, I think I should be at your house around 8:00 am. Hope that is not too early.

5:19 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

No it's not too early - just in time for breakfast - looking forward to your time here' as Lisa says it's finally cooled off and rained - hope it doest rain much when you're here, but it's a relief for us. The climbing roses are in full flower in your honor! other stuff too, see you soon

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home