Friday, June 01, 2007

Habitat for Humanity; Librarians Build


On Wednesday, I was part of a group from UALibraries that participated in the Women Build program at Habitat for Humanity. It was extremely fun! I helped install two windows and two doors, did some hammering and drilling, and a bunch of lifting. They are short supervisors, so there was a fair amount of time standing around, but it was very satisfying. This would be a fun Sivak event, I think. Especially those of us with actual building / installation skills.

4 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

who's who in the picture?

10:59 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

Yikes, librarians with hammers!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Is that you Allison in the Green hardhat?

10:06 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

yes, it is me! must always be different. Even from those who are "different."

Left to right:

Sandra, Maureen, Denise, me, Jan and Kirsten. I hang out a fair amount w/ Kirsten & know Denise pretty well.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home