Friday, June 15, 2007

Kelowna Trip

Just to add my two cents worth regarding the weekend. It was a lot of fun. I rented a car, and got upgraded to this SUV, which I liked because I was higher than in a car, but I am such a lousy parker I prefer a smaller vehicle, to park. And having inherited the Sivak short legs, the step up seemed pretty steep.

Lisa looked beautiful in her new dress, it was a thowback to the fifties with a very full skirt, and it had polka dots. And when she had the cap and gown on she did not look dorky, like some of the people there so another plus. It was interesting to meet some of the classmates that she has talked about over the last 4 years, of course none of them were anything like I imagined them. I was amazed at how many people have jobs at the Kelowna Hospital, which makes sense since most of them are from Kelowna.

The celebration supper was great, and the chocolate cake for dessertwas the piece de resistance. I don't care what some other people say, to me it is not a birthday unless there is chocolate cake.

Back to the old grind on Monday, the trip home was good, flight was on time, but still I am always exhausted on a travel day. so I came home and napped. Am working on my new accounts, well new/old, since I worked on them both before. I like it when I already know the people I work with, removes some of the awkwardness, especially since most of them I never see. All the work is done through email, telephone and instant messaging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home