Friday, December 15, 2006

Art

Last Saturday was Schmoozy at Latitude. I went with intention that I might buy one piece of art, certainly no more than two. When I got there I found that I liked a LOT of stuff. But in previous years, I have liked stuff and put in bids on it, but in the end have always been out bid. Not this year, I ended up with 4 different pieces. Now I just have to figure out where to put it all. Three of the pieces are pictures, and the fourth is a black feather boa, made into a wreath, kind of Victorian looking and very cool. I also got to meet a lot of Allison’s librarian friends, who seemed very nice and happy to meet me. Todd is now my new bff, he told some people I was only two years older than Allison. The thing I like about Schmoozy is the mix of people who go there, there are regular middle aged women like me, people who remind me of my nieces and nephews, people wearing jeans, some dressed up to 9’s wearing black velvet and rhinestones, looking like they just came from their office party. It was a really fun evening.

Theresa and Geoff were in town last Sunday, shopping, and stayed over night. As always good to see them. Anne came over for supper and returned my accessories. She cam over on Saturday afternoon, and tried on her new dress, for her Christmas party, and I found some shoes, and a couple of other things to lend her for the party. I was happy that my shoes got an outing, sometimes I think they don’t get out enough.
I had big plans of putting up the tree and decorating for Christmas last week, but by the time I finished the cleaning it was Sunday night, so that will be this weekend’s project. I love doing the decorating, every year I kind of forget exactly what I have, and it feels almost like opening presents, I get surprised at what I have.

3 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

What do the other pieces look like? You are now an art patron.

We got our tree today with the mamacita.PLan is to decorate when Richard can tear himself away from his books. I am hoping that will be tomorrow.

Saw Blood Diamonds tonight. It was good. So will see again if you wan to see when you're here Al. I almost cried a couple times. My eyes were wet.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Jude, you will definitely need some more walls. Maybe you could pick some up at Winners.

11:38 AM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

Jude- I firmly believe that you need more feet to properly exercise all those shoes.
Thanks again for the bed and hospitality- it was great to see you and Anne, and to get some of the shopping off of Theresa's mind. (it's not close enough to Christmas for me to be consumed by shopping)
Got Will home and as always it is a pleasure to have him around.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home