Saturday, September 16, 2006

Houseboat

Family Ramblings

By the way, I forgot to let everyone know that I booked the houseboat! July 3-6th. I have no idea how to send a link through this. Wait let me try.
It may have worked.
So, we need to plan for this thing, like meals etc. If we split them up so that each person/group does x many. I think there are 12 meals to cover altogether. We need to be at the houseboat place by 830 on the 3rd, so do we want to stay the night of the 2nd in Sicamous camping? We also need a dinghy for Jim.
It has a hottub on the top deck. And fireplace. So weird to think about *very rich*people having these things and only using them for 3 weeks a year.
I have a friend in school whose husband is a yacht captain and is in the Mediterranean right now. this boat is only used like maybe a month out of the year, and yet there is a crew on it all the time. Plus she says it is done in poor taste. The owner lives in New York.
See in a 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon way, I know someone who is a billionaire in New York.

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Jeez, don't you have some nursing things to memorize as opposed to planning our meals in September?

Shouldn't you be planning our trip to Nfld. instead??

11:41 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Oh, yes, I could be memorizing nursing things, but someone needs to grab the reins and look after this trip.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home