Friday, November 25, 2016

Dry Land

Nov 7 to 24
The trip back from Bratislava was uneventful, I even had the whole row to myself. I stayed overnight at the airport and caught the bus the next day for Southampton. The nice thing about taking the bus in and out of London is passing by all the sights, you are high enough to see everything very clearly and traffic moves so slowly there is a lot of time to view stuff.

Southampton is a nice city. I went to the Sea View Museum, which was very good. Lots of information about the history of the city. There was an exhibit on the golden age of cruising, from the 20s to current time. Also one on the Titanic which, I thought after I was done, was not the smartest ng for me to do, see a sinking ship on a voyage across  the Atlantic  just before I was about to leave on one. Boarding the ship I was the passenger everyone hates because I had not printed my paperwork, I was going to do it in Budapest, the apartment I was staying at had a printer, but then the power went out there and couldn't. Anyway it all worked out and they let me on the ship. T and G eventually found me, and we had supper together that night. The next day I did not see them at all, a very big ship and about 3000 passengers. But then we got a routine going so we met for supper and a drink before having a late supper.

Lots to do on the ship, but I really did not feel like doing any of it so, I did not. Staff were all very attentive.   When we got to Boston were supposed to go through Immigration  and then see the sights. However there was a screw up, forms did not get passed out and even though we were given times to go through that got kind of tossed out the window. In the end I did not get through until 2:30 and we had to be back on the ship at 3:30 so no Boston sights. As you can imagine people were pretty upset.

We got to New York around 4 pm the next day, and got off the ship, walked to Macy's and bought Theresa a couple of tops. The next day was a full day in the city but, I was feeling like crap, so stayed on the ship.  Two days cruising to Port Canaveral, went shopping in Cocoa Beach Village, got some sandals and a pattern and wool.

Next day docked in Miami,  took a taxi to the apartment we are staying. It is in the Financial district of Miami. Yesterday was Thanksgiving, Theresa  made a chicken, and we had pumpkin pie for dessert. Today we will head over to South Beach for a bit. Weather is lovely and warm

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

What kind of pattern? And wool? Did you enjoy the vpyage?

2:03 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Thanks for the update! I've been waiting weeks to hear how the cruise was.

5:30 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Me too!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Wool and pattern for socks. I enjoyed the cruise, did not get bored, watching the water slide by was very calming.

3:18 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I love the actual sailing part, also, just watching the water is so soothing.

5:48 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

it's a drag to be sick while on the go.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home