Sunday, October 23, 2016

Prague

Oct 20 to 23
Prague is a very pretty city, lots of old buildings, cobblestone streets, but I don 't thin k I like it as much as I thought I would. Could be just my frame of mind, feeling like I miss home. Anyway I have a couple of tours lined up for Monday and Tuesday, so it will be nice to see some countryside.

I have been  using public transit quite a bit here. It is pretty much all on  the honour system. You buy a ticket or a pass and don't have to show it unless asked. The buses have 3 different doors, front, middle and back, and you just get on  whichever is closest to you. Trams have the same system but more doors. The bus that I use to get to and from where I am staying has stops very close to the building and it only takes about 5 minutes for one to come along, very convenient. I find the Czech people not quite as friendly as the ones from Cracow, though there are lots of english speaking ones.

It is also funny how many English stores there are here, the other day I was in one of the  main shopping districts and there was a Debenhams, across the street a Marks and Spencer, and a huge Tesco for grocery shopping. Of course there are also the American  chains around, Subway, KFC, Starbucks and McDonalds, it becomes easy to forget what country you are in.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I am a bit homesick too and I have been doing much less than you. It would be nice to go home for a day or two.

11:03 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

We were gone just for a week and were happy to come home!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home