Thursday, October 20, 2016

Bus, Train, Metro, Uphill Walk and 3 flights of stairs

Oct 16 to 19
Those are the modes of transportation I took to get to my new home in Prague. It is totally worth the journey. It has a beautiful view, and is very spacious. Not right in the city centre but only 4 metro stops from there. My landlady here is actually working in Germany right now, so I picked up the keys from her Grandfather, who lives a block away from her.

The last couple of days in Cracow were low key, I did a lot of walking around, went to see the
Wawel Castle (more hills), the Jewish ghetto and all around the old town. It is a nice time of the year to visit, not really crowded, cool weather but not cold. I love the buildings in Cracow, so beautiful and there are still lots of flowers on balconies and in window boxes. I also found people very welcoming and lots of english spoken.

I am pretty happy, so far with all the places I have picked to stay at, all of them have lived up to their advertising. I have found that I tend to eat at home quite a bit, instead of going out. Maybe because that is the one thing I dislike about traveling by myself, eating out alone, but also the cost, it is way cheaper to eat at home. My landlady gave me a couple of recommendations for eating out in the area, so I might do that a little more here. There is also a giant Tesco near here so it will be easy to shop. Thank goodness for numbers, they look the same so I can figure out how much to pay the cashier.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Can you put up a picture of your view?

4:40 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

It gets tiresome to eat out all the time even if you are not travelling alone.

8:30 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes can you post pictures?

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home