Sunday, October 16, 2016

Blogger keeps shutting me down when I try to post so I am using Anne's computer.
Our trip over here was uneventful although the plane left late because we waited for some connecting passengers from Calgary. Got to Anne's and I got sick, slept for most of 24 hours. And also realized that I lost my phone, which I was too sick to deal with apart from cancelling with Telus. After I felt better I phoned the lost and found for the bus we took from Gatwick, and what do you know, they had the phone. Del drove me over to reunite my phone and I.
We have been having a low-key week. Del is in between old and new jobs so he went in a bit, worked from home a bit. Anne took a few days off so we went into town one day and to Warwick Castle another, but spent a lot of time sitting around and visiting. Anne had a long list of garden jobs she wanted to get done, so it was really fun helping her with that. I am jealous of the English garden climate.
We went to the Weston Library, a new part of the Bodliean paid for in part by the Loblaws Westons. There was a display of treasures from the Bodliean including the Magna Carta.
Warwick was really good. I was a little taken aback when I first came across a mannequin, I thought it was a real person and I backed out of the room so I would not have to engage. The castle is owned by Mme. Tussaud's so that explains the realistic mannequins. We saw an archery demonstration and a flaming trebuchet. This was Anne's fourth trip there this year so she did not come into the castle with us but explored Warwick and found some interesting things. Apparently they have really good charity shops there.
Today we go to London to see Mike Farris at a club. We will stay overnight, then go to Canterbury for a few days. Plans after that TBA. We are still winging it a la Geoff.
It's so good to see Anne and Del and their new house, which is very nice, especially the kitchen. And the yard.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Enjoy Mike F. The more I listen to him, the better I enjoy him. Have a good rest of trip, say hi to Anne and Del.

5:43 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yay for phone! Am glad you are better, the nice thing is that you were able to sleep it off at anne and del's.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

It would have been awful in a hotel.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home