Sunday, June 07, 2015

Edmonton

I guess I will jump on the bandwagon and put up a post here too. 

We had an exciting weekend sportswise here. On Friday we went to the Edmonton Rush lacrosse game. It was the second game of the final series. The NLL has a 3 game final, and Edmonton won the first game in Toronto, and then won Friday too and won the championship! It was very exciting and the first time I've ever seen a team win a championship so it was lots of fun. Plus the Rush might not be in Edmonton next year, so it was nice to see them go out on a high note. It's too bad too, I really enjoy the games. We went to 4 or 5 this year and had a great time at every one. 

Then yesterday was the opening game of the Fifa woman's World Cup, Canada vs China. The game was lots of fun. There were over 53 000 people there, and you could tell in the hallways. It was ridiculous trying to get anywhere. It was a beautiful day too, so nice to sit in the sun and cheer on the national team with a stadium full of red and white. Canada ended up winning 1-0 on a penalty kick right at the end of the game. Our tickets included the next game too, Netherlands vs New Zealand, so we stayed until halftime of that game too. But by then we were soccered out and went home. 

I'm looking forward to going to Kelowna at the end of the month. I'm in a wedding in Golden on June 27, and I managed to get the whole week before off of work, so we will drive to Kelowna for a few days and then head to the wedding. I haven't been to Kelowna in a few years, and last time was just staying overnight on my way to Victoria with a friend, so it will be nice to have a good visit. 

Then in July I booked a plane ticket to Tofino for a weekend, so I should have my fill of BC this summer. 

We also got our folk fest tickets! Didn't feel as smug as Auntie Laura as we forgot to look for tickets at 3 because we were already at the game, but luckily Auntie Jude sent a Facebook message asking if we had any luck, and we logged on right away and there were still enough left for us. Phew. 

 

5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

"I haven't been to Kelowna in a few years, and last time was just staying overnight on my way to Victoria [during the best road trip ever] with a friend [named Scott, who still keeps Family Ramblings in his blog roll]."

Sad to be missing you on the coast this summer!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

And now everyone knows just how needy my friends are. And how much they creep the family blog.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

We like to hear about your friends too. Glad you will be here at the same time as me.

4:08 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I like to know my postings do not go into the void without being read

4:34 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

"A friend." Scott is not just your friend, we can claim him a little too. As well as Jovita.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home