Monday, May 11, 2015

Badger return

Will reminded me last night that I did not finish updating re our trip. Better do that so I don't forget how it all ended.
As I said, Santorini was a perfect end to it all. We had a good mix of relaxing and seeing stuff. A couple more days there would have been nice, but it was great all the same. We went on a tour of the volcano on the last day, mainly because it was a boat tour so a different view of that beautiful place. Our guide was from Ukraine. It was a hike up to the top of the volcanic island but interesting. We went to a hot spring where we could get off the boat and swim. Geoff did, I didn't, but he regretted it because his arms were really aching by the end. Then over to another island where there were 300 steps almost straight up to the village. The only ways up there were by walking or by donkey. I certainly was not going to torture a poor donkey by getting on and I was pretty sure my knees would protest vehemently against the 300 steps, so we just stayed in the port and had lunch. So all in all the only part of the tour I did was the volcano. Don't care, I love boat rides.
The flight back to London was fine except some inconvenience at the airport trying to pay for luggage. They had an inefficient system. We decided to stay at Gatwick rather than going to Anne's for the last two nights. I just did not want to deal with luggage any more and since we were picking up an extra bag from Anne's it would have meant hauling three bags back to the airport. So we stayed in a nice  hotel at Gatwick, the lobby is actually in the airport. Took the bus to Oxford on Sunday morning and back again after a nice day with Anne and Del. All of us but Del went to the Botanical Gardens. So lovely. There was a tree there that was planted in 1790.
Flight home was fine and Jude met us with a sign that said "Badgers."
Now Jude is gone to California so I have a few days to convince Kane and Grady that they love me best. I think I will point out to them the fact that she is at Disneyland with some other cute kids and I am the one who is here to play with them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

With arguements like that, you will be loved best for sure. Whenever I post a comment I always check punctuation and miss what I should correct. Oh well.

11:19 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I love the sign piece!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I wanted to make sure that they recognized me and I still recognized them.
I know the boys will not love me as much as T&G, but I don't mind being third.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home