Saturday, February 28, 2015

Last Day of February

Time seems to be flying by again, two months into 2015 already.  I spent some time in Edmonton last week, Sam gave tickets to the symphony to T&G and me for Christmas, songs from the sixties.  We drove up on the 18th, and met Sam and Nancy, Grace and Dallyn for supper at the Lingnan, very yummy as usual.  Sam and Nancy also attended the symphony, and it was a a really great show, double bonus because the Winspear is such a good theatre to listen in.  Our seats were excellent as well, so had a really good view of the orchestra.

T&G left the next day after we met for breakfast.  They stayed at G&D's and I stayed at Allison's.  I was at Allison's for 3 days and we went to Tony's one night for supper, I had the Clam Linguine which was delicious and leftover chinese for breakfast one morning.  I also went to see The Imitation Game which was excellent.  On the Saturday I moved over to G&D's, though they were not home, they were in Banff  for the weekend, so I had the house to myself.  On Saturday afternoon, Allison and I went over to George and Kay's for a little visit.  Not much new with them, they both seem well and were happy to see us.

Sunday was the first S&B for 2015, kind of late, but even with everyone retired it is sometimes hard to get a date that works for everyone.  As it was Norine was not able to come as she is in Arizona, good to see the group again.

Monday night I made supper for G&D and had a little visit with them after they returned from Banff, then Tuesday back home again.  Tim picked me up at the Petrocan as T&G were in Edmonton for the David Francy concert, then leaving to go to Yellowknife for Barb's funeral.  They will be home late tonight, as their flight gets in around 6:30.  The three of us will have a busy week, Kane and Grady will be here while T&C go to Mexico for a week.

I have booked my flights to California, leaving on the 8th and returning on the 18th of May.  Also the plans are coming along for the Alaska cruise, who would have thought Jim would would  be so on the ball with his deposit.

A couple of pictures from Geoff's birthday.


3 Comments:

Blogger Sam F said...

I guess one candle for every year would have set the house on fire.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Jim can't be pigeonholed.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

And more than just Kane would have been needed to blow them all out.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home