Thursday, February 13, 2014

train to Barcelona

We are in our hotel,after train from Valencia to Barcelona. Richard is flipping through TV channels.
I think trains are the best way to travel. The one we were on went 200 kms/hr.
The trip is lovely, right along the ocean. The countryside was like the okanagan. But with orange trees and artichoke farms, and cacti and cypress trees.
We were in the Russafa area. Right within walking distance of downtown and also the train station.
On the train trip there, there was an old lady beside us,who brought along a sandwich in tinfoil and was worried she was going to miss her station. She got the man sitting across from her to help her with her cellphone. I think she was calling Pepe. She kind of reminded me of Baba.
It is hard to believe that we have been here a week. I feel like I have been on holidays for longer!
Tomorrow we leave hotel to catch shuttle at 545. We're stag at a place nearer the airport, as getting up at 5am is bad enough. This hotel is also pretty nice though. Travel before Expedia was much more complicated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Yes. When Rob and I went to Europe in 1998, the Lonely Planet was our lifeline. I think he set up a hotmail account specifically to write home (although I didn't know that many people with email).

Love train travel. I wish Canada's was more developed.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home