Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tim's Visit

Tim has been here since Sunday, and we're having a great time. Well, I am. I think he is. He got in Sunday afternoon just before evensong, so I was able to go and get him from the airport. We've been taking it easy, just relaxing. Yesterday the big adventure was making nuts and bolts. This was a success, and now it smells and tastes like Christmas here.

Today the main item on the agenda was getting a Christmas tree. I wasn't really sure where you buy them in the city (this being the first time I didn't just go cut one down). I knew they had them at Home Depot, but they were sold out when we went there. We were just about to drive to Langford to the other Home Depot when I noticed the garden store was suspiciously green looking. After a brief investigation, we came away with a very nice little tree. Tim bought me lights and some decorations to eke out the ones that Mom and Dad brought, and the tree looks pretty good.

Tim leaves tomorrow night, and I have some work to do tomorrow. The low-income seniors housing has a lessons and carols service, and I get to lead it. Hark the herald angels sing!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I finally saw one of those 'grinch' trees at the physiotherapist's office. I like the regular ones best.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

What is a grinch tree?

9:03 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

They're styled to droop down at the top -- like in the cartoon? They're just cedar branches that have been trimmed, I think.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home