Monday, July 25, 2011

A Very Good Weekend

It started on Friday night, Theresa Geoff and Grace came into town, and over for supper. Grace left after supper to meet her friends and the remaining Ferreys and I visited. Saturday morning Theresa and I got up and had coffee and then caught the bus and trainto go over to Whyte Ave and visit the knitting shop. Theresa bought a new pattern and wool for a beautiful new sweater. The music store is next door, and we both picked up some new CDs. After that a little walk down Whyte to Gravity Pope, to see what they had. Theresa walked out with two new pairs of sandals. A very successful shopping trip.

Saturday afternoon, it was over to the Jube, to meet Allison and see Wicked, what a fabulous show. The cast was excellent and the costumes were fantastic. A friend of Theresa's from the paper, went to the same show, so it was very nice to meet her. Afterwards, my place again, Laura was also in Edmonton, so she came over as well. We decided to have supper at the Upper Crust. The food there is always good, and did not disappoint. Saturday night, we went to a going away party for Kirsten. Met lots of new librarians, and some of their partners/spouses. It is sad that Kirsten will be leaving, but very nice for her to be going to where her family is.

Sunday we had brunch at my place, Sam and Grace came over, Laura and Allison, and Theresa and Geoff (well they did not come over as they were staying with me). After lunch people dispersed, to shop, sleep, putter etc. Around 4 we left to go over to Marylynn's for a barbque. George and Kay, Deanna and Rod, Cooper and Nate and Lauren (Nate's girlfriend). It was a good visit and a lovely supper. Theresa and Geoff left to go back to Rocky and then Grace and I left as well, she drove me home. Lots of fun.

And for those of you who were wondering my meeting went well, and I still have a job.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I would kill to see Wicked again, I don't think I've relaxed after seeing that yet, haha.

8:36 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Nice weekend.
I read the book-which to be honest, I did not like so much. I think I thought it would be something different.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

The musical is very different from the book. The ending is even different. I feel shallow saying this, but I like having loose ends tied up and everything working out.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I keep singing Popular in my head.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous beth said...

another great weekend for you all - nice to have a get together with T o S. I spent the weekend dealing with my - now ex - tenants they are moved to Vernon and did leave the place spotless. He was an utter jerk, but she was really a nice girl. The house has been shown rwice in the past week, but no offers.
Glad to hear your meeting went well Judith.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Things are not too bad then Mom. Tenants out, house clean and some showings.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I hope it sells quick, Mom! Then you will be a thousandaire.

It was a nice weekend. I've felt a bit more introverted this week, however.

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home