Saturday, July 23, 2011

No rain!

It has been unseasonably cool here this week. Not cold, can still wear shorts, but not warm. plus a lot of rain-I have not watered this year at all! though I see others have, I feel that grass needs to manage its' own life and not become dependent on others.
1st week back at work was kind of tiring-lots going on. A couple stressful things, but generally fine, just busy. Healthcare is an interesting job to work in. I had a discussion with a fairly rude nurse manager on another unit who seemed insistent that I did not know what I was talking about regarding patients' rights under the mental health act, and if she had not heard about it, it did not exist. After this discussion, I found out that it is not just me who does not know what I'm talking about, apparently everyone around her is clueless too, and only she knows what is what. How someone like that became a leader is beyond me. Aren't people skills a necessary requirement for managers?
It is Richard's birthday this weekend-we were thinking about camping, but have decided to go for picnic instead-we just got back from a week.
we went to see last Harry Potter movie. It was vg+
I am taking Monday off, then weekend after that is long weekend, and then to edmonton for folkfest. Yay for time off and seeing family!
I have master's orientation day coming up at end of August. I don't think I need a day to get oriented, as I have already taken 2 courses, but OK, sure. I know the library-and can search in databases quite well but it gives me an excuse to have day off work, so I'll do it. I had a dream last night about some weird course I was taking and had the theme of tests and papers that I had done nothing about and a pop quiz. Somehow I managed to pull off good marks in the papers, but the quiz and test did not fair so well. I don't know if this dream is related to some hidden stress about the upcoming resumption of school in the fall, or related to feeling unprepared for stuff with work.
On another note, while we were away, the cats managed to get food cupboard open. Mom came over to feed them, and they did not come to the door as she opened it-frantically looking for food as usual. She came upstairs to find food bucket on floor, cats looking sated and I suspect, belching. They did not get anymore food that day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

I agree with you Lisa, re grass.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home